1 minute read / Oct 23, 2023 /
Top 10 Trends in Data & AI at the Impact Summit
On November 8th, I’ll share my 10 Top Trends in Data & AI at the IMPACT Summit.
Last year, I covered 9 topics:
- Cloud data warehouses will process 75% of workloads by 2024.
- Data workloads segment into in-memory, cloud data warehouse, & cloud data lakes.
- Metrics layers unify the data stack.
- LLMs change the roles of data engineers.
- WASM becomes an essential component of web applications.
- Notebooks win 20% of Excel users.
- SaaS applications use the cloud data warehouse as a reading & writing database.
- Data observability becomes a must-have.
- The decade of data continues.
How many of those turned out to be true? I’ll be scoring them!
In the 12 months since I shared those views, the data world has been completely transformed.
- AI which has influenced the structure of data teams & will increase the number of data roles
- changed the way we work with data (Are you centaur or a cyborg?)
- Databricks revealed their numbers
That’s just in the last three months.
If you’re interested to hear about these trends, register here for the virtual event.